There are three methods to pay the tax.
- Electronic funds withdrawal (direct debit) if filing electronically.
- Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS).
- Check or money order using the payment voucher.
You must pay the tax in full with your Form 2290. taxmap/instr2/i2290-010.htm#TXMP52902e23taxmap/instr2/i2290-010.htm#TXMP0b2cce17
If you are filing Form 2290 electronically, you can authorize a direct debit to make your payment. For more information on e-file
, visit the IRS website at www.irs.gov/efile
Using EFTPS is voluntary, but you must enroll in EFTPS before you can use it. To get more information or to enroll in EFTPS, visit the EFTPS website at www.eftps.gov
or call 1-800-555-4477.
If you make your payment using EFTPS, do not include the payment voucher. If filing a paper Form 2290, mail Form 2290 to the Department of the Treasury, Internal Revenue Service, Cincinnati, OH 45999-0031.taxmap/instr2/i2290-010.htm#TXMP7a68f7be
For EFTPS payments to be on time, you must initiate the transaction at least 1 business day before the date the payment is due.taxmap/instr2/i2290-010.htm#TXMP6c067e4c
If you use this method, you must also complete the payment voucher. See Payment voucher
- Do not send cash. Make your check or money order payable to the United States Treasury. Write your name, address, EIN,
Form 2290, and the date (as entered in
Box 3) on your payment.
- Detach the voucher and send it with the Form 2290, both copies of Schedule 1, and your payment. If you filed electronically, do not send Form 2290 and Schedule 1 with the payment voucher. See Where To File on page 3.
- Do not staple your payment to the voucher or Form 2290.
If you did not receive a preprinted payment voucher, complete Form 2290-V, Payment Voucher. If you have your Form 2290 prepared by a third party, provide this payment voucher to the return preparer.taxmap/instr2/i2290-010.htm#TXMP5a9cfa1b
Enter your EIN. If you do not have an EIN, see taxmap/instr2/i2290-010.htm#TXMP3158596d
Enter the amount you are paying with Form 2290.taxmap/instr2/i2290-010.htm#TXMP59da0c94
Enter the same date that you entered on Form 2290, Part I, line 1.taxmap/instr2/i2290-010.htm#TXMP28abb16e
Enter your name and address exactly as shown on Form 2290. Print your name clearly.