Form 2106-EZ Unreimbursed Employee Business Expenses 2008
Summary: This is a Form 2106-EZ image illustrating the example in the text. The following line items are included:
- Your name field contains Bill Wilson
- Occupation in which you incurred expenses field contains Sales
- Social security number field contains 555-00-5555
- Under Part I: Figure Your Expenses:
- 1a. Business miles driven in the period January 1 through August 31 (13,300) multiplied by 40.5 cents. Field contains 5,670.
- 1b. Business miles driven in the period September 1 through December 31 (6,700) multiplied by 48.5 cents. Field contains 2,910.
- 1c. Add lines 1a and 1b. Field contains 8,580
- 2. Parking fees, tolls, and transportation, including train, bus, etc. Field contains 325.
- 3.Travel expenses while away from home overnight, including lodging, airplane, car rental, etc. Field contains 8,975.
- 4. Business expenses not included in lines 1 through 3. Do not include meals and entertainment. Field contains 430.
- 5. Meal and entertainment expenses field contains 4,502 and multiply by 50% (.50) (Employees subject to Department of Transportation hours of service limits: Multiply meal expenses by 70% (.70) instead of 50%. For details, see instructions) field contains 2,251
- 6. Total expenses. Add lines 1c through 5. Enter here and on line 21 of Schedule A (Form 1040). (Fee-basis state or local government officials, qualified performing artists, and individuals with disabilities: See the instructions for special rules on where to enter this amount.) field contains 20,561
- Under Part II: Information on Your Vehicle:
- 7. When did you place your vehicle in service for business use? (month, day, year) field contains 1/3/02
- Under 8. Of the total number of miles you drove your vehicle during 2005, enter the number of miles you used your vehicle for: field:
- a. Business field contains 20,000
- b. Commuting field contains 2,600
- c. Other field contains 2,400
- 9. Do you (or your spouse have another vehicle available for personal use? Yes checkbox is checked
- 10. Was your vehicle available for personal use during off-duty hours? Yes checkbox is checked
- 11a. Do you have evidence to support your deduction? Yes checkbox is checked
- 11b. If Yes, is the evidence written Yes checkbox is checked