Filled-in Child Tax Credit Worksheet--Amy Brown (Page references are to the Form 1040 instructions.)
Summary: This is an example of the Child Tax Credit Worksheet with line items completed per the information in the text.
- 1. Number of qualifying child: field contains 2 multiplied by $1,000. Enter the result field contains 2,000
- 2. Enter the amount from Form 1040, line 46. field contains 1,334
- Under 3. Add the amounts from Form 1040:
- Line 47: field contains 225
- Enter the total. field contains 225
- 4. Are the amounts on lines 2 and 3 the same? No. Subtract line 3 from line 2 checkbox checked and field contains 1,109
- 5. Is the amount on line 1 more than the amount on line 4? Yes. Enter the amount from line 4. Also, you may be able to take the additional child tax credit. See the TIP below. checkbox checked.
- This is your child tax credit. Enter this amount on Form 1040, line 52. Field contains 1,109