Throughout this publication, the limit on the amount that can be contributed to your 403(b) account for any year is referred to as your maximum amount contributable (MAC). This chapter:
- Introduces the components of your MAC,
- Tells you how to figure your MAC, and
- Tells you when to figure your MAC.
Generally, before you can determine your MAC, you must first figure the components of your MAC. The components of your MAC are:
- The limit on annual additions (chapter 3), and
- The limit on elective deferrals (chapter 4).