Quick and Easy Access to IRS Tax Help and Tax Products
Summary: This text explains how the taxpayer can get tax help and forms. It states:
You can access the IRS website 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at www.irs.gov
- Access commercial tax preparation and e-file services available free to eligible taxpayers;
- Download forms, instructions, and publications;
- Order IRS products on-line;
- Research your tax questions online;
- Search publications online by topic or keyword;
- Use the online Internal Revenue Code, Regulations, or other official guidance;
- View Internal Revenue Bulletins (IRBs) published in the last few years;
- Send us comments or request help by e-mail; and
- Sign up to receive local and national tax news by e-mail.
Order current year forms, instructions, and publications and prior year forms and instructions by calling 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676). You should receive your order within 10 days.
You can pick up some of the most requested forms, instructions, and publications at many IRS offices, post offices, and libraries. Some grocery stores, copy centers, city and county government offices, credit unions, and office supply stores have a collection of reproducible tax forms available to photocopy or print from a CD-ROM.
Send your order for tax products to: Internal Revenue Service, National Distribution Center, 1201 N. Mitsubishi Motorway, Bloomington, IL 61705–6613.
You should receive your products within 10 days after we receive your order.
DVD For Tax Products
You can order Publication 1796, IRS Tax Products DVD, and obtain:
- Current-year forms, instructions, and publications.
- Prior-year forms, instructions, and publications.
- Tax Map: an electronic research tool and finding aid.
- Tax law frequently asked questions.
- Tax Topics from the IRS telephone response system.
- Internal Revenue Code – Title 26
- Fill-in, print, and save features for most tax forms.
- Internal Revenue Bulletins.
- Toll-free and email technical support.
The DVD is released twice during the year. The first release will ship the beginning of January 2010 and the final release will ship the beginning of March 2010.
Purchase the DVD from the National Technical Information Service at www.irs.gov/cdorders
for $30 (no handling fee) or call 1-877-CDFORMS (1-877-233-6767) toll-free to buy the DVD for $30 (plus a $6 handling fee). The price is subject to change.